February 24, 2011

Vivetta: Infusion of a playful, fairylike femininity


As I am in Italy right now, obviously I have to keep my eyes (wide shut… haha) open for young and upcoming designers of the country.

And one I really liked right away is Vivetta, the brand by Vivì Ponti. I love the feminine style of her cloth which I can deeply connect to.

Vivettas signature retro style is evident in coats, dresses, blouses and skirts, all featuring simple shapes and embellished with ironic and funny details for a romantic yet surreal effect like bows, rouches and laces. But Ponit has one rule: No pants!
“I have never worn a pair of jeans in my life.”

viv 
                                          010
018021 
                                          025

…well, I have worn jeans and I do appreciate jeans, but this Milano based designer is def rocking!!!

No comments:


"See, the poor dream all their lives of getting enough to eat and looking like the rich.
And what do the rich dream of?

Losing weight and looking like the poor."