May 19, 2010

Fashion-Intern-Slavery: Running errands


As every intern in this world (ok… maybe some smart ass doesn´t) I had to run errands: Starbucks, Jamba Juice… low-fat venti chai green tea latte with sugar free vanilla sirup… hahaha 
…but I got to go to some really cool places too!

Moods,
the probably coolest place to buy fabrics. They have any fancy, fabulous fabric you can even think of.

Star Snaps,
this really small store on 39th street… where I met the two latino guys- the blunt boss and his friendly and his chary cousin. Which I really annoyed after a while, because I always came with extra work in the last second!

And naturally…

New York Vintage,
with it´s overwhelming selection of the finest in designer and couture vintage clothing and accessories.
I couldn´t take any pictures inside the store, but this nice one of the store window.

IMG_0806


And this is a sketch from 1938 that I found. I see this totally back in fashion. Imagine wearing this coat, maybe in fawn or champagne colour with silverfox!!! OMG fabulous!!!!!!

coat_patent

….soooo, running errands definitely makes a lot of sense! ;)

No comments:


"See, the poor dream all their lives of getting enough to eat and looking like the rich.
And what do the rich dream of?

Losing weight and looking like the poor."